How to Flash MIUI Stable, Developer and Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Devices.
Before flashing any ROM follow these 2 points :
1- Make sure your battery percentage is above 50% at least
2- Take a Back up. : Settings–>Additional Settings–> Backup & reset –>Local Bakcup–>Backup
- Backup file will be created in : Internal Storage–>MIUI -> Backup–>All Back up
- Copy this back up file on your PC or on OTG support
- After flashing Copy the back up file from PC or OTG support respectively to: Internal Storage–>MIUI -> Backup–>All Back up
- Then go to Settings–>Additional Settings–> Backup & reset –>Local Bakcup–> You will find the backup file –>Tap on it to restore
How To Flash Stable and Developer ROM.
- You can download Stable ROM pack from Xiaomi Mi 4 Stable Rom Download tab. or Latest MIUI V6 6.3.9 India Specific Stable ROM.
- Place that ROM Zip file into ” Root” folder of Internal storage.( Just paste into Internal storage, don’t paste it in any folder. For more Info check the Screenshot below)
- Go to Updater App(you will find it in Homescreen–>tools folder–>Update,Blue color logo with Up arow ) –>Tap on the 3 dots in a circle (You will find it at above right corner of the screen)–> Select update package–>Navigate to ROM zip file and Tap on that file.
- Check the below Screenshots
- You can download Developer ROM from Xiaomi Mi 4 Developer Rom Download tab.
- Place that ROM Zip file into ” Root” folder of Internal storage.( Just paste into Internal storage, dnt paste it in any folder. For more Info check the Screenshot below)
- Enter into Recovery Mode: Switch Off your device–>Press Volume up + Power Button simulataneously –>Select “English” (Use Volume up & Down button to Navigate and Power Button to enter) –> Wipe & Reset –>Wipe All Data
- Wipe all Data is must before flashing Developer ROM to remove Google Apps and framework, If you fail to do that then all the Google Apps will give you Force close.
- Check the above screenshots. Process is same as Stable ROM .
- If you want to install Google apps : Go to Mi Market–>search for “Google” and install the apps. Apps will also ask you to install Google framework, allow it.
How to Flash Fastboot ROM.
- Download the Fastboot ROM Latest Mi 4 Fastboot ROM -Download Here
- Download and Install Mi Flash Tool on your PC
Guest Please reply to view this thread.
- Download fastboot drivers and install them in your PC
Guest Please reply to view this thread.
- After installing drivers restart your PC.
- Take a Back up ( Check the above steps which I mentioned at the start)
- Make sure your battery is above 50% atleast
- Switch off your device and enter into Fastboot Mode by pressing Volume down+Power button simultaneously.
- Connect Your device to PC by USB cord.
Follow the steps
- Open the Mi Flash Tools when it is connected with your device with USB Cord.
- Click on the arrow near the “Browse” button in Mi Flash Tools–> Select the “Browse” option and navigate to the FastBoot ROM folder which you want to Flash and Press “OK”.
- After Giving the correct path/ Browsing the Fastboot ROm folder.
- Click in the Arrow of “Browse” button and select “Advanced” this time.
- In “Advanced” option–> Navigate to the .bat file which you want to flash. Check the below Screenshot to see how each.bat file works.
Work of different bat file
- After selecting .bat file. Click on refresh.
- Your device will appear in Mi Flash Tool window if it is connected.
- After you see your device appears in Mi Flash Tool. Press Flash Button to start flashing the ROM on your device
- After clicking the “Flash” option. It will take around 2-3 minutes to flash your device.
- When the operation is completed. You will see Progress Bar in green color.
- After the complete operation your device will be booted automatically.
- Now you can enjoy your device without any Software problem. Cheers!
Credits : @AnthranNine9, @Shashankp1,@JellyTelly,@gh.rohit @AilsaZ ,@Atyant @Meridithhan @Nana and special Thanks to @Dexterouz for the Awesome banner.